Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Rolling Stones Work Out Mix

This past winter, I joined a gym, and I have been working out 4-5 times per week ever since. I have improved my health and gotten into shape, and I enjoy working out very much. I always have music with me when I work out. It is great motivation and helps the time go by. I have over 1400 songs and  over 30 artists on my Blackberry. The last week or so, I have enjoyed my Rolling Stones mix the best. The Rolling Stones have a great groove, and probably are the best rock and roll band ever. They have a great guitar sound.

 

I share below my Stones work out mix. It reflects a 28  year times span from 1969 to 1997, includes some the greatest Rolling Stones songs. Lately, Monkey Man, You Got Me Rocking, Anybody See My Baby, are some of my favorites in the mix. Gimme Shelter may be the best rock and roll song ever recorded. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards write the songs, and Keith has provided some of the most memorable guitar riffs in rock history in this mix. But I think Charlie Watts tight drumming makes a lot of these songs, especially later in the Stone's career. As a bassist, I appreciate Bill Wyman's cool, tastefully understated bass playing. Listening to the Stones also motivates me to playing myself.

 

I remember when I was 18, up late one night, listening to an FM radio station. All of a sudden the Stone's classic single Miss You came on the air. I knew it was the Stones before Mick started singing. Their sound is unmistakable. 

 

Let it Bleed 1969

Gimme Shelter

Live with Me

Monkey Man

 

Sticky Fingers 1971

Brown Sugar

Bitch

Wild Horses

Dead Flowers

 

Exile on Mainstreet 1972

Rocks Off

Shake Your Hips

Tumblin' Dice

Happy

 

Goats Head Soup 1973

Angie

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)

 

It's Only Rock and Roll 1974

If You Can't Rock Me

It's Only Rock and Roll

 

Black & Blue 1975

Hot Stuff

Fool to Cry

 

Some Girls 1978

Miss You

Respectable

Beast of Burden

 

Tatoo You 1979

Start Me Up

Waiting on a Friend

 

Emotional Rescue 1980

Emotional Rescue

 

Undercover 1983

Undercover Cover of the Night

 

Dirty Work 1986

Harlem Shuffle

 

 

 

Steel Wheels 1989

Mixed Emotions

A Rock and a Hard Place

 

Voodoo Lounge 1994

Love is Strong

You Got Me Rocking

 

Bridges to Babylon 1997

Anybody Seen My Baby?

Out of Control

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment