Saturday, February 11, 2012

Rest In Peace, Sweet Angel: Whitney Houston found dead at 48

Whitney Houston passed away tonight, her publisher announced.

I remember back in 1985, my mother, who has impeccable taste in music, bought a self-titled album by a new singer, Whitney Houston. The album was terrific, of course. It featured three number one singles, "Saving All My Love for You", "How Will I Know" and "Greatest Love of All." I also liked the duet with Bassist Jermaine Jackson, "Take Good Care of My Heart."

The debut album thrust Whitney into super-stardom, which she follow up with many other hit albums, songs, and movies. According to her Wikipedia article, Whitney received 2 Emmy Awards, 6 Grammy Awards, 30 Billboard Music Awards, 22 American Music Awards, among a total of 415 career awards as of 2010. Houston was also one of the world's best-selling music artists, having sold over 170 million albums and singles worldwide. She was extremely talented and had a great voice.

I always liked Whitney's recordings, and thought Whitney was such a beautiful woman- so did a lot of other guys I knew.

Whitney, in spite of her talent and success, also had heart ache, including a stormy marriage to singer Bobby Brown, and struggles with substance abuse. But I remember what a beautiful, radiant talent and person she was.

She was a sweet angel, I am so saddened by her death. Good night sweet princess, rest in peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment