Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Thoughts on Universalism and the Love of God

I believe God is love, and we are all his children; some of us just don't know it yet.

I don’t believe hardly anyone “goes to hell.” I don’t think God is as capricious as we are. I think “hell” has been used as  a means of behavior control most of Christian history, and has served the interests of those in power. Maybe we go through some kind of purging for our selfishness after death, I don't know.

Pete Townshend once sang, “The Sea refuses no river.” Eventually, all will come back to God, for God is “the source, guide, and goal” of all things (Romans 11.36, NEB).

I think God is beyond any concept of love we can imagine. All people have a spark of the Divine. It seems like too precious a thing to perish.

No comments:

Post a Comment