Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Remembering John Lennon on the 35th anniversary of his passing - December 8th



In a perfect world, John Lennon would be alive and 75 years old. Today, on the 35th anniversary of his passing, I want to remember and honor John Lennon, he has been a hero of mine since childhood. I have some of my favorite quotes from him, and three videos of some of his most trademark songs: Imagine, Come Together, and Cold Turkey.  - Lance

"If you can imagine a world at peace, with no denominations of religion not without religion but without this my-God-is-bigger-than-your-God thing then it can be true"  - John Lennon

"We're all Christ and we're all Hitler. We are trying to make Christ's message contemporary. We want Christ to win." - John Lennon


“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” 
― John Lennon



“There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.” 
― John Lennon

“Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” 
― John Lennon

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” 
― John Lennon


“When you're drowning you don't think, I would be incredibly pleased if someone would notice I'm drowning and come and rescue me. You just scream.” 
― John Lennon

“I'm not afraid of death because I don't believe in it. 
It's just getting out of one car, and into another” 
― John Lennon


“Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup,
They slither wildly as they slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting through my open mind,
Possessing and caressing me.
Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on across the universe,
Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box
They tumble blindly as they make their way
Across the universe
Sounds of laughter shades of love are
Ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a 
Million suns, and calls me on and on
Across the universe” 
― John Lennon



Imagine Video:






Cold Turkey Video:

No comments:

Post a Comment